Insurance professionals, like many others in direct sales, rely on strong relationships to not only maintain, but build their client base. The best way to keep relationships strong is with regular communication, but relying on expensive mailings or lengthy phone conversations is neither cost nor time effective. Video email on the other hand, offers a time-saving and economical way to personally reach clients and prospects. Below are applications insurance professionals can employ in prospecting and customer retention strategies. The focus is not on 'hard' selling, but on educating, demonstrating and personally connecting with consumers through a variety of messages that build trust and familiarity.
Create video emails for the following applications:
1. Highlight policy types offered (life, home, car, health, motorcycle, RV, etc.)
2. Respond to internet inquiries with a video introduction
3. Give price quotes, (attach document if required) compare prices with competitors
4. Explain how to file a claim- demystify the process for wary consumers
5. Give safety tips- For the home: smoke detectors, security systems, fire extinguishers, stair safety (gates and railings), preventing falls, CPR and First Aid training, etc. For vehicles: seat belts, drinking and driving, cell phones and driving, system checks (brakes, tire pressure, lights, fluid levels), following speed limits, watch for pedestrians (especially children), etc.
6. Remind clients of annual coverage review
7. Life changes and how they can effect coverage needs- marriage, births, new job, college, major purchases, retirement and death in family all present reasons to update insurance coverage
8. FAQs on subjects such as: Rates & Payments, Choosing an Agent, Understanding Coverages and Changing a Policy
9. Explain coverage terms- Take the confusion out of insurance terms with clear explanations that help consumers make better coverage choices
10. Special rate offers- Spread the word on discounts and rate reductions
11. Tax savings- An added benefit of saving for retirement
12. Testimonials- Nothing better than customers raving about service and price
13. Event notification and/or invitation
14. Career achievements, community efforts- Mention degrees, certifications and licenses related to the insurance business that underscore experience. Highlight community involvement, affiliations and charitable projects.
15. Non-policy products and services offered: Investments such as Mutual Funds, Brokerage Accounts, IRA Accounts
16. News releases- Discuss breaking news, trends, company press releases, industry challenges, green efforts, etc.
17. Retirement preparedness- Give top 10 ways to save for retirement, include links to calculators and attach a brochure with additional information
19. Updates on insurance legislation- What local, state and national insurance reforms are on lawmakers dockets?
20. Holiday and special occasion touches- Reach out to clients throughout the year to show them they're appreciated!
Each video email application leads to ideas for more uses! By taking the initiative, insurance professionals can transform the way they communicate!